Sports, theme park and recreation lovers in the Klang Valley rejoice! A unique attraction and indoor theme park is opening its doors on December 1, 2014 at IOI City Mall Putrajaya.
If you don’t already know, Klang Valley’s newest mega shopping mall called the IOI City Mall was just opened a few days ago in Putrajaya. Inside this massive mall is home to Malaysia’s newest indoor theme park called District 21.
District 21 is a first of its kind in Malaysia (or the world?) with approximately 70,000 sq ft of space. They call it as the post-apocalyptic themed action adventure park. There are a total of 11 adventure attractions, and most of them were never seen or available before in Asia. The place is also described as ideal for corporate team building, school groups and birthday parties.
What are the 11 Attractions Available within District 21?
- Power Station – Similar to rock climbing but you’re climbing walls
- Roller Glider – A world’s first attraction, a mix of zip line and coaster with applied G-force.
- GoPedal – Human-powered karts like Go Karts but you need to pedal yourself. Hmm..
- Pump Track – A course of bumps, jumps and berms (?) designed to allow you to ride continuously without pedalling. You can choose to use a bike, scooter or skateboard.
- Sky Trail – The largest indoor rope challenge course in Malaysia that offers 23 elements of varying difficulty.
- Low Ropes – For younger visitors, it’s a scale version of the Sky trail.
- Launch Pad – It’s a huge trampoline where you can play, jump and practice your slam dunk.
- The Maze – A place where you need to navigate through a vertical labyrinth of tunnels, cages and funky challenges. The maze is enclosed so no harness is needed. Some spots are 10m high.
- Free Fall – Gives you the opportunity to experience free fall like jumping out of a plane or doing a parachute jump.
- Tubby Ride – Sit on a tube and slide down a slope, the feeling is similar to sliding down a snow bank during winter.
- Carousel – the standard stuff, you know this already.
Watch the introduction video/slide-show below:
Here’s another preview of what’s inside the District 21:
Admission Price/Fee for District 21 Indoor Park IOI City Mall Putrajaya
So what’s the price like? According to what I saw at the entrance, the entry price for adult is RM75, and this is the price to pay for ‘Active’ visitor. That means he/she will be participating all the available activities within the park. If you’re there just to look and see, the price is RM15. There will be different prices during peak and off-peak hours as well which I will update as soon as they become available.
Opening Hours of District 21 Indoor Park IOI City Mall Putrajaya
The opening hours are standard mall operating hours which is from 10am to 10pm daily.
Please do note that there’s a minimum age limit of 18 years old to enter or participate in the activities offered inside the park. They also have their Facebook page setup here.
If you managed to be one of the first to experience District 21, do share your experience by writing down your comments below!